At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Houston, TX (IAH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at www.rjet.com.
Supports aircraft Captain by ensuring safe, clean and reliable piloting of aircraft and performing other aircraft management duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to this position as needed.
- Provides the Captain with proper planning of each flight utilizing all applicable weather information, reports in accordance with Republic Airline policies, procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Determines that the aircraft is air-worthy in accordance with Republic Airline policies, procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs); completes all appropriate preflight inspections.
- Safely, properly and effectively operates the aircraft during the designated period of duty in accordance with the Captain’s instruction, Republic Airline policies, procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the equipment operated, FARs governing the operation of equipment, manuals, policies, procedures, and Captain’s instruction.
- Notifies crew and passengers of turbulent weather conditions or any other operational factors affecting the flight; delivering a customer experience consistent with each codeshare partnership standard.
- Contributes to a reliable and on-time operation by assisting the Captain in meeting all report times, departure times, and minimum turn times.
- While at the terminal, assists with and ensures the proper handling of aircraft, passengers, baggage, and cargo.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance according to Republic Airline procedures and practices.
- Presents a professional appearance and adheres to the Republic Airline uniform dress code.
- Conducts self professionally at all times while on duty and observes the Rules of Conduct for all associates as outlined in the Flight Operations Manual, Associate Handbook and other related policies.
- Continues professional training towards upgrading performance and abilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Republic Airline and the Captain.